.......................................................................................... VIDEO CLIPS OF WILDLIFE CAPTURED DURING MY WALKS IN THE COUNTRYSIDE...........................................................................................

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fun feeding the birds at Grange over Sands

We went down to the Ornamental Gardens most mornings during our break at Grange over Sands.
This is a short clip of us feeding the birds.
Bar-headed and Snow Geese plus plenty of noisy/greedy Black-headed Gulls.

The geese followed us around as if we were the Pied Piper... it was fun feeding them.
On this particular morning we ran out of bread so crossed the road to the bakers to get some more...
...to our surprise they actually did "duck bread" or rather bread past it's sell by date.
All we had to do was donate some cash to charity... they gave us loads.

This video was captured using my little old (2007) Casio pocket camera... it still does a good job.
Warning... don't have your volume turned up too loud... they are rather noisy.

5 comments:

  1. These are 2 geese we do not get in Northern Ireland. Great video as you adn your wife make good Piped Pipers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, How fun is that! They are really a hoot, arn't they? Now, I have to ask ... how do you keep your camera so steady. When I take a video, it looks like I am whipping it around and everything is blurred. To let you know how nieve I am about videos, I turned my camera long ways so I could record the rigning of the church bells while showing the steeples in the pictures ... of course my steeples are all sideways , ugh! Hopefully I have learned that lesson, but I still have trouble with moving too fast. Oh yes, and what do you do when the glare of the light doesn't let you see what you are shooting ... oh my. I have a real appreciation for what a good video this is, Andrew. Don't know if I will live long enough to get that good. Loved it ... and your wife is wonderful:)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video, I enjoyed seeing these pretty geese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO noisy! :-) But beautiful. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete